IK4-TEKNIKER hosted a workshop on collaborative robotics for industrial settings on March 9. The workshop received a very positive answer from local companies, and it was fully booked in advance.
Apart from FourByThree and some other European projects on collaborative robotics, three companies were present in the workshop: Universal Robots, Sick and Schunk. The companies brought different demonstrators, which attracted much atention.
During the workshop, a questionnaire was used to gather participants’ views on collaborative robotics. These are some of the most relevant results regarding FourByThree. A total of 51 answers were gathered, among which 15 respondents were already using cobots in their companies.
- 80% thought it is interesting or very interesting to be able to create a robot that matches the specific requirements of an application using a kit (modularity).
- 86% thought it is interesting or very interesting to have a robot that perceives its environment and automatically adapts to changes.
- 87% thought it is interesting or very interesting to be able to use the robot using the hands (hand-guiding mode).
- 89% thought it is interesting or very interesting to have a robot that uses a universal programming language.
Among the respondents that were already using cobots:
- 77% considered risk analysis was more difficult than that of a normal cell.
- Only 28% thought workers’ acceptance had been a difficulty.